MUST-SEE PLACES IN KRAKOW
Discover the uniqueness of Krakow
Krakow is the magical city located on the banks of the Wisła River, with one of the best preserved medieval city centers in Europe. The city is listed as one of the 12 sites on the UNESCO World Heritage list. City life focuses around the Market Square which bustles with a multitude of shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes making an extraordinary atmosphere, as well as the close proximity of the Tatra Mountains accents Krakow's unique character and it's unforgettable atmosphere.
Located just a few steps from the hotel, Wawel Hill is the Mecca of every Pole and a must for foreign tourists. From the 11th century on Poland's monarchs took up their residence here, in the Royal Castle and they were both crowned and buried here, in the Wawel Cathedral. For 1000 years it has been the witness to changes in the history and a shelter of a great variety of art as well as a burial ground of most Polish royalty, the greatest national heroes, saints and scores of Krakow bishops.
The Royal Castle
The Royal Castle has been founded on the Wawel Hill sometime in the 10th century and is now a combination of Medieval, Romanesque, Renaissance and Baroque styles each brought by different rulers. The Royal Chambers contains splendid collections of art works with the most extensive array of tapestries. The Hall of Deputies with the heads of Krakow's townsfolk mounted on the ceiling is one of the more memorable and intriguing rooms.
Nearby Wawel Hill the district of Kazimierz is located - the Jewish district that housed Krakow's Jews for 500 years. In the past decade, it has been rediscovered and its hollowed out Jewish culture is gradually being symbolically re-introduced. Jewish hotels and restaurants have opened, as well as many trendy non-Jewish bars.
Shopping and Entertainment
Krakow's life focuses around the Market Square one of the largest European medieval Market Squares and one of the most beautiful. Krakovians and tourists come here to meet each other, to do business, to shop and simply to pass the time.
The City Center bustles with life with a multitude of shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes making an extraordinary atmosphere.
Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club
The 18-hole golf course was designed by a world-class architect, the California-based Ronald Fream, who belongs to the legendary team of Robert Trent Jones. The unique design with wide corrugated fairways and huge bunkers around greens is adapted to the characteristically Polish landscape and makes the golf centre one of the leading European golf courses.
The total length including the professional tee is 6518m. Tees, greens and fairways are regularly watered and drained, which keeps the golf course in excellent condition throughout the season. Krakow Valley Golf & Country Club hosts international and national golf championships.
- Wawel Royal Castle - 100 m
- Jagiellonian University - 700 m
- Main Market Square - 1 km
- Cloth Hall (Sukiennice) - 1 km
- Town Hall Tower - 1 km
- Mariacki Church - 1,1 km
- Kazimierz - 1,1 km
ART AND CULTURE
- Cathedral Museum - 100 m
- Philharmonic - 550 m
- National Museum - 1 km
- Collegium Maius - 1 km
- Piwnica pod Baranami - 1 km
- Jewish Culture Center - 1,3 km
- Juliusz Słowacki Theatre - 1,5 km
- Cloth Hall (Sukiennice) - 1 km
- Galeria Kazimierz Shopping Mall - 1 km
- Galeria Krakowska Shopping Mall - 1,8 km
- Błonia Park - 1,5 km
- Kraków Valley Golf & Country Club- 27 km
- Main Railway Station Kraków Główny- 4,3 km
- John Paul II Airport, Kraków - Balice- 10,7 km
- Wieliczka Salt Mine (UNESCO World Heritage) - 10 km
- Ojców National Park - 27 km
- Pieskowa Skala Castle - 31 km
- Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps - 60 km
- Czestochowa - religious capital, home of the Black Madonna - 150 km
- Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains - Poland's winter playground - 100 km
Check the location
- Błonia Park
- Juliusz Słowacki Theatre
- Kraków Valley Golf & Country Club
- Ojców National Park
- Piwnica pod Baranami
- Cloth Hall (Sukiennice)
- Collegium Maius
- Jagiellonian University
- Jewish Culture Center
- Main Market Square
- Mariacki Church
- Pieskowa Skala Castle
- Sheraton Grand Krakow
- Town Hall Tower
- Wawel Royal Castle
- Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps
- Cathedral Museum
- National Museum
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice
- Main Railway Station Kraków Główny
- Galeria Kazimierz Shopping Mall
- Galeria Krakowska Shopping Mall
How To Get Here
Hear from our guests about their stay from 248 verified guest reviews
92%of our guests
recommend this hotel
A really good hotel, great location very good staff and the bar adjoining the hotel gives great service and food.
The Staff really are very efficient and very good.